Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm Hooked!!!

There are very few computerized games that I play. I stink at most of them so I choose to keep my self-esteem in tact by playing only the games I feel I am competent enough to play. My daughter has Guitar Hero and Rock Band - I'm pretty OK with the guitar - on EASY. She, on the other hand, plays everything like she was born to do it. I tried the drums with Rock Band - lasted about 2 minutes and was boo'ed off the stage!!!!! Everyone got a good laugh and that was the end of my drumming career (it's a lot harder than it looks).

Last week I was watching Kenzie play a game called Farm Town on Facebook.

You start off with an empty plot of land and you have to buy seed to grow and then harvest your finished product at the market in order to make money to buy more seed to enlarge your farm. You can buy animals and farm houses and trees and hay bales and .........., you get the point. Well this game looked like fun and I wanted to play but after being told NO by my wonderful little daughter (you have to start your own MOM), I decided to create my own facebook page so I could have a farm of my very own. Needless to say, I haven't accomplished much this weekend. I'm sooooo hooked on this game it's not even funny and I might add my farm is doing quite well. I've got all kinds of goodies planted and just waiting for harvest time to roll around.

Another game I can play for hours on end is Roller Coaster Tycoon. I seem to enjoy the games where you have the opportunity to build things up from scratch in order to make them profitable. I've conquered RCT 1 and 2, maybe I need to move on to newer version (hint: good Christmas present Mr. Jenkins).

Need to get back to my farm, for some reason my little piggy wants to escape from the pen and explore my garden........ a farmer's work is never done!

7 comments:

Pat Jenkins said...

do you think you could manage your own buisness as well as your make believe farm karen?

Karen said...

yes I do pat jenkins, yes I do!

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is too funny. When you started talking about the farm, it reminded me of the zoo tycoon game we got for the girls a few years ago...I would take them to school and come back and manage my zoo all day. Addictive!!!
Good luck with your piggies. :)

Grandma J said...

What ever happen to a simple game of gin rummy. Of course you need other people.

I love games too, but I like card games. Anyone like Texas Hold 'em?

Bea said...

I can get so addicted to computer games. For over two years, I have to do the Babble puzzle every day or I will "just die". I've been thinking about looking into Farm Town, but know it would not be a good thing if I did.

Happy Farming, Karen.

namaste said...

i'll have give that roller coaster game a try.

;)

Jen said...

hey, I'll send you an e-mail in the next couple days about facebook. ;)