Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lucky Lady!


With Kenzie having her license, as well as all her friends, she has had a little more freedom. With that being said it has given hubby and I more "alone" time. When we got married I had 2 children from a previous marriage so there was never really any "alone" time for us. Well let me tell ya, we're both kinda enjoying this, and not in the way that you all are thinking (get your minds out of the gutter). We are truly having a good time. We have always had a loving relationship along with a strong friendship and now we have time to just spend with each other. Sometimes parents invest all of themselves in their children's lives and when the children leave, the couple have lost their connection to each other. I am extremely thankful to say that hubby and I have raised the kids as a partnership. My older two have created a lot of waves, don't get me wrong, but we've muddled our way through and have a unique bond because of it. I can remember through some of those rought times my grandmother telling me "Karen, you're children will come and your children will go, but that man will love you and be with you forever". It was the best advice I'd ever received.

I look forward to spending more time with my hubby. I know they'll be lots of laughs and fond memories to come. I am a lucky, lucky lady!

10 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so sweet Karen. You are a lucky girl indeed!!!
I feel the same way myself and your Grandma was one smart cookie!

74WIXYgrad said...

Keep this in mind: The term "adult children" is not an oxymoron.

Pat Jenkins said...

i always win at love with our match.. get it love in tennis, love in life... oh boy.....

namaste said...

karen, this is a beautiful post and a wonderful tribute to your marriage and partnership. your grandmother's words are true true true!

:)

Karen said...

It is truly a blessing to be with someone you know you can trust and count on no matter what life may throw at you.

Grandma J said...

Bravo Karen! What a nice tribute to your marriage. Pat needs to treat you to something special now that you have all that free time.

Karen said...

Grandma J I totally agree with you, getting him to do it is a different story though.

Anonymous said...

You are sweet!
And a strong woman to want to spend time with Mr P.
I'm joking!!!Obviously he has some good points to have a wonderful woman like you love him so much!
Now I better withdraw as he will charge forward with some sarcasm!

Did Kenzie get her license ?Wow !
My stepdaughter got her learners permit and was driving with her mom in ALA and was stopped for driving 91 in a 65 zone.She has to pay a fine of 165 dollars but may not be able to drive till 18 not sure about that as we dont know what will happen when that ticket gets transfered here.
What was mommy doing?Applying makeup.I swear thats what she said!

I' m back now after all my trips!I did some interesting stuff!Pics to post soon

frasypoo

Cassie said...

CUte photo with this post. Your true affection for Pat shows. It is SO true what your Gma said. I've held that attitude also & am glad I have.My sweetie lays here snoring beside me right now & I can't imagine life without him. The nest has been empty for some time now and he was immediately ready to have me all to himself!

Jen said...

I had to double check what blog I was on for a minute....
only kidding!
I am so happy for you both!