Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's....... An Anaconda!!!


Pat and Kenzie were going to the tennis courts last Saturday and I had decided to stay home and take care of some "stuff" that needed to be tended to. Well after some deep pondering of the situation, I decided it was just too nice to stay indoors. I hadn't gotten my walk in for the day yet so I decided to kill two birds (sorry Jen) with one stone. I'd mow the yard and get my exercise at the same time. Now this is a task that hubby usually does, but every now and again I enjoy getting out there and working up a good sweat. So off I went. Mowed the front with no problems, mowed the back with no problems, worked my way out to the back 40 and THERE WAS A PROBLEM! As I pusing along minding my own business, I happen to look up and there it was...... it was huge (all of 2 feet), it was brown and slithery-like, it was an ANACONDA! Swear it!!! That thing was HUGEMONGOUS!!!! It was reared up in striking position just hissing away. WHAT THE HECK! I was alone with no place to run (no we didn't have another 3 acres behind me). I WAS TRAPPED by this huge beast. OK, just chill out and think this through calmly. So, I inched my way closer to the monster hoping the mower would scrare him, WRONG. He was not budging. So, there we were, it was a stand-off, me vs. the anaconda (don't forget I was armed with the mower). After an hour (1 minute) it laid it's ugly head down and then, of all things, stretched completely out (was the length of the yard I'm sure) and decided to sun bathe. OK, this was not even cool, I had no posse to back me up (they would've run for the hills anyway) and still had some yard to finish. So I inched forward a little more and it started to slither, ever so slowly. Did I mention I am TERRIFIED of snakes!!! So I inched a little more, it slithered a little more. FINALLY, as night was settling in (probably a good 2 mintues) the monster slithered far enough away for me to be able to complete my row and go on about my merry way. Rest assured I never took my eye off him either.


After all this, I completed the yard, put the mower away and went over to wash my hands at the hose. VOILA! It's an ANACONDA TOAD. Scared the bajeezees right outta me! Enough was enough, in the house I went, and in the house I stayed.


When Pat and Kenzie got home I was excitedly telling them about the attack of the Anaconda, and what does my loving husband say to me...... "Why didn't you just run over it with the mower". Hmmmmmmm, never thought of that one!! I DON'T THINK SO, it would've jumped up on me and eaten me alive.



This is my Anaconda Toad! He's kinda cute in the picture, not so cute when he jumped out at me and tried to attack!!! LOL

6 comments:

Pat Jenkins said...

i enjoyed your story of your trip up the amazon!!...

74WIXYgrad said...

Next time you mow the yard, take your machete with you.

My wife is always telling me that there are tarantulas in our house.

Grandma J said...

I hope you were steel-toed boots when you go out in the yard. I hate snakes too.

Jen said...

sure, kill a bird but let the man eating snake go so it can slither into your house thru a window or under the door and come get you while your sleeping some night.
ha!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are just too funny. The snake was most likely pissed cause you woke him from his nap. They get cranky when you wake them with big loud sharp objects!!!!
You should always carry a cell phone (for emergencies) and a camera (for blogging) with you while you mow. New rule.

Robin said...

Your Anaconda snake ended up in my yard Saturday and while it was resting Mark thought he would weed whack...oops,to bad for the snake. Gave new meaning to snake in the grass!