Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fresh Air


Since the weather has finally broke, I like to start off my day with an invigorating 2 mile walk first thing in the morning. My MP3 player and I usually try to hit the door about 6:30 a.m. I walk down our road and with being in the country, I never know what I might run into. The one thing I most look forward to on my walk is the fresh air. It smells so clean at that time of day. It's like the night has cleansed and refreshed it and is ready to start anew. It is so peaceful (yea even with my music craking in my ears, I can also hear the quiet - I'm just that talented). Last week I was lucky enough to see a small deer. Oh it done this heart good I tell ya. I stopped and just allowed myself to watch this magnificent creature as it pranced along it's way. It amazes me how graceful they are. There are also fields on both sides of the road and they had both been tilled and freshly planted. As the sun was rising and hit that fresh dirt, it was a sight to behold. I love the sight of a freshly tilled field. The dirt looks so brown and rich. Boy do I sound like a country hick or what!! One of the things I most look forward to is watching the beans and corn start their growing process. Right now I can see for miles and miles (isn't there a song like that) but soon, the corn with start to block that view and by the time it's done, all I'll be able to see is the road in front of me, but all the while I'll get to listen to it grow (yea the mp3 player will be left at home so I can enjoy the sounds of life). There's nothing like the country life!!!

7 comments:

Pat Jenkins said...

i am so glad you are the one who saw me instead of that jen and her triger happy husband!!... yours truly the deer!

Jen said...

OK ....I was going to say what Pat said! HA!!

Bea said...

I miss the openness of my home state, Kansas. Here in NC, you can't see anything for all the darn trees!

I'm new to you blog and I have awarded you with a lovely blog award. Play along if you like. You can see it here:
http://beasblabber.blogspot.com/2009/05/tuesday-tidbits-bumblebee-and-award.html

Looking forward to more walks with you.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Did you say 6:30 am?
I will meet you at the end of your driveway. I want to join you!!!!

Karen said...

Bea, thanks for stopping by and I look forward to getting to know you.

Suz - yes, that's 6:30 a.m. and we do 2 miles in 25 minutes. Sound good to you?

Jen :( poor, poor little deer.

namaste said...

i totally agree, karen. country living is the BEST.

and i LOVE that pic at the top of the post.

;)

Caroline said...

WOW...what a wonderful walk you had! I need some country in my life...too crowded around my parts!