Monday, April 6, 2009

A Post Dedicated To PEEPS!

I LOVE PEEPS! They are the cutest things I have ever seen and every year they bring out yet another color to make them even more irresistible. If I could, I would buy a package of every shape and color made. When my kids were wee little ones this would be their first taste of Easter (after all, they had no teeth and who needs teeth to eat Peeps). I personally like mine a little on the chewy side so I'll let them "air out" for a few. With this being a dedication, I thought I'd share some Peep facts with you.

1. In the early 1950's it took 27 hours to make one little chick. Today it takes a mere 6 minutes.
2. They are so popular they have become the best non-chocolate Easter candy for the last decade.
3. Yellow chicks are the most popular followed by pink, lavender, blue and white.

Peeps are also very versatile -take a look!


Now who wouldn't want this in the middle of the Easter Dinner Table? It's just too darn pretty to eat!


This one's called "The Peep Show". Just too cute!







I'll bet you're ready to go pick up a pack of peeps huh! Share your favorite Peep with us.

8 comments:

Pat Jenkins said...

ever tried freezing them karen?.... peep show, pretay good!

74WIXYgrad said...

Now you want yo hear from all your peeps, huh?

Sadly, these are something I love but really can't have.

Cassie said...

I like my peeps chewy too.Not a big fan of chocolate, but I do like sugar! I'm with you. The colors are great. I remember when the only ones were yellow---back in the 50's. The peep show is hilarious! Thanks for that!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the peep show...so naughty this early in the morning.
I don't really eat them anymore, but I bought some for Easter yesterday: a new color: PEACH. they are so cute!!!

Grandma J said...

Peeps are my favorite Easter candy. Of course they make them for all holidays now, even Halloween. One of my very first posts was dedicated to meeting my peeps. It was right around last Easter. check it out!

http://askgrandmaj.blogspot.com/2008/03/i-want-you-to-meet-my-peeps.html

Karen said...

Pat - I've never tried that, have you?

Wixy, I always love hearing from my Peeps!!

Cassie, chewy peeps are the only way to go!

Suz, I haven't seen the peach yet. I've seen the organge ones at Halloween though.

Grandma J, you have got to be the crafiest person I have ever known. I absolutely loved your peeps. How kewl r u!

Jen said...

One time we put our peeps out in the front yard and then set on the front porch with our BB guns ...target shooting :D
Yes, I'm serious. Life in Kentucky...yee ha.

Karen said...

Jen, we're seeing a whole new side of you. lol