Monday, April 27, 2009

O H I O!

This past weekend we had the opportunity to go to Ohio State's Spring Football Game. Hubby thought that it would be just he and Kenz - I DON'T THINK SO! I had never been to one of their games before and I was not about to miss out on this one.


We left the house around 8 a.m., got there about 9:30, tailgated until around 10 (there was just too much to see to sit around all morning) then off we went to explore the campus.

Well for those of you who don't know, OSU has a HUGE campus. There was a flurry of activity everywhere! A sea of scarlet and grey (their school colors). We made our way to the stadium so that we could get in early and get primo seats (it was general admission).


Around 11 OSU and Notre Dame faced off in a Lacrosse game. That has got to be the most BORING sport I have ever had to sit and watch. It was impossible to keep track of that stupid little ball. I never knew who had it and who didn't. I'll swear my eyes were bleeding before it was all said and done (which unfortunately was 4-fifteen minute quarters). Kenz really enjoyed it though. Finally it was game time. For the rest of my life I don't think I'll ever forget how I felt when I heard the band (which is called "The Best Damn Band In The Land) play their school fight song. Now I have heard this song many, many times on TV, but hearing it in person - well I have no words to describe it.



It turned out to be a glorious day with 85 degree temps and a record crowd of 96,000. We all had a fantabulous time and chalked up another great Jenkins family memory.

8 comments:

Pat Jenkins said...

what a day it was!!!

74WIXYgrad said...

Glad you had a good time.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I have never sat through an entire lacrosse game...does not look good to me either. ;)
Looks like a sea of RED there.

Jen said...

Go Bucks!
Many good memories there for me and hubby too. :)

Jen said...

BTW love the shorts.
I know Pat was waiting for someone to mention them....might as well be me.

Grandma J said...

How exciting! Looks like you got there early enough to get great seats.

I notice a nice breeze blowing, which had to be a plus if it was 85 degrees out. That means there was a bit of tanning going on. Maybe you can get a picture of Pat's tan line...since we know that is one reason he wore those hot shorts.

Karen said...

I love it! Jen, I knew you would make a comment and I told him that one of his ever-faithful blogging buddies would. LOL

Grandma J, it was an added bonus that you did as well. However, you don't want to see ANY kind of tan line on that man. LOL

Cassie said...

I always feel like such an alien when it comes to football games.Never liked the sport and only went to my son's games to show support. Just don't get it. Looks like you had a great time though. ANy bonding time with the fam is good!