Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt!

Who doesn't enjoy hunting for Easter eggs? Every year here at the Jenkins household, we color Easter eggs. Since Kenzie is the only child left, she has alot to color. It’s like pulling teeth to get her to do it (if I remember correctly, last year I don't even think she did).


Oh well, every Easter morning, she gets up, checks out her Easter grub, then it's off to find the eggs. The Easter bunny has to get up pretty early to get this done and he also has to remember how many he hid and where he hid them. We have actually, as I’m sure everyone else has, not been able to find all the eggs. Now that’s OK if they’re hidden outside, but here in the crappy weathered state of Ohio, most of ours are held inside. Not so good, especially since they are hard-boiled eggs (the bunny now writes down all his hiding places so as not to forget again).


Later in the afternoon the grandkids come over and usually by then, we can take the egg hunt outside. Now we have the little plastic ones filled with candy and surprises. It doesn’t matter the age, everyone enjoys a good Easter egg hunt!

All is well and then on Monday morning, I make the dentist appointments. Such is life.

5 comments:

Pat Jenkins said...

if i could i would still hunt eggs!but like trick or treating (which i would still do too!) there comes an age limit... he he!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Very cute Karen. My girls still love coloring the eggs and looking for the PLASTIC ones come Easter morning. I learned my lesson with the real eggs years ago....
nothing smells worse than a month old egg in your home!!!!

Grandma J said...

I love an Easter egg hunt.

Does Pat wear that same tie and vest every year when he hides the eggs? You can't fool a seasoned grandma j.

Jen said...

I remember going out in our winter coats to hunt for eggs. ha.
Have Fun!!

Lutra said...

That sure sound pretty funny!
Here we don't have anything similar to that!
That bunny of the photograph... isn't its face just a bit... angry? I think it doesn't like its egg stolen... And sure looks like a big bunny, so maybe you better let the colour egg on the ground, and turn slowly, so no one gets hurt...

Every day I seem to find a little tresaure in Berkeley, as you said. Yesterday I made a new griend (a little, furry, hungry and meowing one). He has come to see me on wednesday and yesterday, so I just hope he will come today too!!!