Saturday, March 7, 2009

Time for a Change


I love gaining an hour of daylight. However, for the first couple of days, I'm a little out of sorts after the time change. To make matters worse, my husband will change the clocks sometime during the day today and then I'm totally lost. Most people change them before the go to bed tonight (I don't know of anyone who gets up at 2 a.m. to change them and if I did, I'd tell them they had some issues), not my husband. WHY do you ask, I have no friggin idea! I used to think he did it just to fool with me, but NO, he feels the need for whatever reason to change them in the middle of the day. Now I've belly ached quite a bit about it so he'll leave a couple of them on the right time but for the most part our daylight savings will start sometime today (he's probably already changed them).

7 comments:

Karen said...

7:30 am, microwave clock in kitchen already changed....

Busy Bee Suz said...

I get so confused too...it is just too hard for me!!! Changing them during the day? That calls for punishment!!! :)

namaste said...

oh yay! it's gorgeous outside (even if a bit cloudy). i'm headed out to hit a few in a few. woo-hoo!

have a beatiful spring weekend, karen! enjoy the extra hour!

:)

Karen said...

You're right Suz, it does call for punishment - this could be fun!!

Hey Maria, have fun and don't hurt yourself. It's beautiful here as well - just really windy. Take it easy on the ole man!!

74WIXYgrad said...

Now I have a VCR/DVD combo that automatically changes the first Sunday of April, which means I will have to manually change the clock ahead. Then the first Sunday of April I will have to set the clock back. Otherwise life at the WIXYranch will not be pleasant when Mrs74 misses Dr Phil because the VCR didn't record correctly.

My cell phone and computer will change automatically.

Pamela D. Hart said...

I love that it stays light longer now, Karen. My husband gets up before me, and he tells me, "All the clocks are changed, except for.." and he gives me a list of about 6 clocks that AREN'T changed. Doesn't ALL mean ALL? So, I have to go around the house and change the ones he hasn't changed. Oh well, he's just doesn't have OCD like me. They say opposites attract.

Karen said...

I love the extra daylight as well. It means warmer weather is even closer. This winter has really taken a toll on this ole body of mine. Bring on the sunshine!!!