Monday, March 23, 2009

A Soothing Melody? NOT!


Don't cha just love hearing the little birdies just a singing their little birdie hearts out? It's truly a beautiful sound. We have a huge tree outside our bedroom window. Every year, this tree calls out to all the little birdies to come live in it. Now when I say right outside our bedroom window, I mean you can open the window reach out and touch some of the leaves. Since the birdies all love this great big tree, it allows us to enjoy their beautiful birdie melodies. However, as the sun starts coming up earlier, their little melodies start a little bit earlier. By May their little tweeting voices start in at about 5 a.m. and we're ready to take a cannon and fire it out the window at the big old tree that houses all the cute little birdies. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for the melodies of the morning but I'd sure appreciate those melodies starting just a little later in the morning.

8 comments:

Pat Jenkins said...

just be thankful it is not the screeching wake up call of a rooster!!... and i must admit, between you and that blogging buddie of yours jen, i have seen enough, enough i tell you, of these winged creatures!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I can see how this could be annoying....we have a woodpecker that thinks our plastic gutters are somehow going to turn into wood as he hits them almost every morning....may I suggest ear plugs?
good luck.

namaste said...

i know what you mean, karen. right now i can't complain since we still keep our windows closed due to the temps. but i dread the birds yapping next month and into the summer. the crows come to our yard 2 or 3 mornings a week for some kind of family reunion or convention or something where they yap very loud.

;)

74WIXYgrad said...

I can usually sleep through a bird's wake up call. I have no problem with their concerts at that time of the morning. Keep in mind though, I get up around 3am during the week.

Grandma J said...

I love to listen to birds at any hour.

Jen said...

Hmmm sounds like a great place to hang a bird seed bell. :) I don't think they sing with their mouths full. :)

Karen said...

Suzanne, Woodpecker are not the smartest birds in the flock are they! That's pretty funny.

Maria, there is nothing worse than listening to crows. There is absolutely nothing pleasant about them.

Wixy - you don't get up in the morning - I still consider that night. The birds aren't even up then!!

Grandma J - how about I send them all out your way OK!

Jen - the bird bell is a great idea - but wait - my frugal husband will not indulge the little birdies with a bell. I told him I was going to get you on him about it. We don't even had bird seed yet either. GET HIM JEN!!

Lutra said...

I love to hear the bird's song too (although I think that I would find 5 a.m. too early, too), and since I am now living near a little forest, is not too difficult for me to go out for doing a bit of running and enjoy that :)