Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birth-Day!


Today, my only son, Brad, turns 22 years old. He has been a spit-fire from the moment he was born. That child was always going full blast 24/7. He learned at walk at the age of 9 months, babbled incessantly from the moment he knew he could make a noise come from his mouth, and never, ever, took a moment to just STOP!! He had no interest in school at all. I remember in 3rd grade, they were leaving an assembly in the gym and had to wait in a line until their turn to exit. He happened to be standing underneath the fire alarm and guess what - just wanted to jump to see if he could reach it. Well not only did he reach it, he set it off. The whole school was evacuated. Brad was also very inquisitive as to how things came apart. One day, while having a time-out in his room, he decided to take his little tool box set and remove the door knob. Needless to say, that time-out lasted a little longer than expected. One year he received a remote control car for Christmas. Again, he had gotten into trouble and was sent to his room, when I had went up to tell him he cold come out (it had probably only been about 15-20 minutes), he had completely taken this car and the remote apart. He was probably around 5 or 6 then. These are just a couple of the antics he pulled. There was never a dull moment with him. He still likes to take things apart, but at least now he puts them back together. So here's to a Happy Birth-Day for my son!!

10 comments:

Lutra said...

the story about the fire alarm, is very funny!

Well... I think all it needs to be said is: happy birthday!

Karen said...

Thanks Lutra, he was a handful!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You can't say it wasn't an adventure to raise him!!!
Sounds fun to me....
happy birthday.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to Brad! :D
I like that name-gee wonder why.

namaste said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY brad!! that's a nice picture, karen. and this is a sweet tribute to your son.

:)

Karen said...

Thanks for the well wishes guys! Oh, I believe I'm feeling the pain all over again. My mom would tell me that every year. At the exact moment of my birth - she would feel the pain again. LOL Maybe it's because I was a pain!

Grandma J said...

Karen, thank you for stopping by today. I love your blog and want to wish your handsome son a happy birthday!

Karen said...

Well Grandma J, from you that is a big compliment. Thanks for coming over to my neck of the woods.

Leedra said...

Written very well, just wondering what he thinks about you telling his secrets to the world.

Happy Birthday to your son.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun

Leedra’s Greeting Cards

Photography By Leedra

Karen said...

Leedra, thanks so much for stopping by. you have quite a unique talent. I'm starting to dabble a little with photography myself. I'm hoping to turn it into my "golden years" hobby. As I grow older I see things a lot different now and want to capture it with my camera. It's alot of fun and I have alot to learn! Will be by your pages soon!