Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Comedy vs. Thriller!


When it comes to movies, I am all about comedy! One of my favorite things to laugh at is when practical jokes are being played on people. There is nothing funnier than an innocent shopper going to slide open the freezer just to have someone pop out and scare the holy crap out of them! I'm chuckling just thinking about it. Oh you gotta love the element of surprise. However, with that being said, I absolutely hate scary movies. Hate the suspense of knowing someone is going to jump out and cut someone's head off or chop them up with a chainsaw. Uggg! And of course, the bad guy never dies (ie: Freddie Kruger, Michael Myers), I mean come on, how can they be incinerated and yet come back for yet another revenge. NO THANK YOU! I had seen Carrie with Sissy Spacek in it and to this day, cannot even look at a commercial advertising it. The scene where she comes up the steps covered in blood..... well, let's just say I avoided walking past our basement door for several YEARS after that.

Luckily, both my husband and daughter enjoy the light-hearted world of comedy as well. Don't get me wrong, I love a good chick flick but a comedy can really lift one's spirit.

*I would whole heartedly recommend watching Jeff Dunham. He's on comedy central quite a bit. He's a ventriloquist and has created several characters that are - how shall we say it - HILARIOUS! We've been able to rent his two DVD's from our local library (Arguing With Myself and Spark of Insanity). Here is a clip from youtube, hope you enjoy!!! www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQm_8vX3sYU

4 comments:

Pat Jenkins said...

folly over fear is right!!!.... good post!

74WIXYgrad said...

We like to watch Jeff Dunham on Comedy Central too. My favorites though are the Blue Collar comedy guys.

GIT R DONE!

Busy Bee Suz said...

laughing is my all time favorite sport.
I can't handle scary movies....I still remember Carrie too. ughh.

I accidentally watched part of the Blair witch project years ago, and it took me about a year before I could take the garbage out at night again.
My motto is: Life is scary enough...

Jen said...

I'll have to admit I've never seen him before. Funny. When I think of ventriloquist I always think of that creepy Twilight Zone episode with the dummy that really could talk. HA. And I like thrillers -but not guts and gore.