Monday, February 23, 2009

Why Does Healing Have To Hurt!



One of my new friends here in the blogging world is going through quite a horrendous challenge right now and with that being said, it gave me a thought.

Why is it when we are trying to recover from something that has brought us a tremendous amount of pain and is creating havoc with our everyday lives, that we have to go through even more pain to rid ourselves of it. Excuse me, something is not right here. Is this someone's idea of a joke because being hurt the first time is bad enough, but to have to re-live those things again in order to make sense of them - makes no sense at all. It's no wonder most of us go through life with all kinds of baggage, it costs too much to get rid of.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: The significance of a man is not in what he attains but in what he longs to attain.

8 comments:

Lutra said...

A greek stoic philosopher, named Epictetus, said. "Things don't hurt us, is our perception of these things what makes us suffer. Don't be affraid to death, be afrait of being afraid to death".

Karen said...

How true Lutra, how true!

Cassie said...

Ah pain. I know it well, physical and otherwise. Things really do get better and oddly, it seems to make us better people. Getting rid of the baggage it creates is another story...that's where our creator comes in.
Lightening up a bit: Loved your jokes form 2/21 and the Letterman clip. Laughter also helps ALOT. When I was in the depths of despair I'd go (alone) to comedy clubs.Sorry I jabber too much. Blessings to you & your friend!

Karen said...

Cassie, laughter does help alot and thankfully our household loves to laugh. No need to be sorry, I love "jabbering" and love your blog. You are so detailed and energetic. Will be stopping by again soon!

Pamela D. Hart said...

Why is it when we are trying to recover from something that has brought us a tremendous amount of pain and is creating havoc with our everyday lives, that we have to go through even more pain to rid ourselves of it.

Aw, Karen, the question we all want the answer to. My guess is: That which doesn't kill us, figuratively or literally, actually makes us stronger. I may seem a bit harsh, but in reality, without the horrors of the world we wouldn’t truly be able to enjoy the genuine righteousness and splendor.

Pat Jenkins said...

karen what would be your advice to someone who has the everyday pain of being married to a horrible husband? i don't know anyone like this just wondering....

namaste said...

karen, god bless you. you are an angel.

Karen said...

Pam, hmmmm, I'll have to do some thinking on that one.

Pat, I don't know how to answer that question because I have had the good fortune of having the best husband around. I would definitely feel for her though. lol

Thanks Namaste, now convince my hubby of that - I think you know who I'm talking about! lol