Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back To The Basics

One of my dreams has been to start a retreat where people can come to get "back to the basics" of their lives. In my mind I have about 100 mountainous wooded acres that wrap around a large lake with log cabins strategically placed for privacy. A huge stable with horses and lots of trails to be ridden that are wound throughout the area. In the lake there are paddle boats and canoes so that one can go out into the middle and just listen to nothing at all. My retreat would be a place of healing, not done by any one person, but done simply by nature. I believe deep within our core, we are a simplistic being and at times, the simple things are what is needed to become centered again. It's very easy to get wrapped up in family strife, work, bills etc. Over a period of time we become numb to the gifts that were given to us to help ease these pressures. That's where my retreat comes in. There's no schedule, no meetings, no counseling just you and the great outdoors. Now tell me, what could be better than that!! I'll keep dreaming and maybe someday you will come across a brochure that invites you to get "Back to the Basics".

QUOTE OF THE DAY: Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

11 comments:

Pat Jenkins said...

i for one will reserve a "room"! i need a "retreat" away from my wife and daughter!!...

Pat Jenkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Your reservation, though with much love, will be "DENIED".

namaste said...

haha!! oh you two are funny!

karen, this sounds lovely. especially the part about paddling the boat into the middle of the lake and listening to nothing. on my end i'll be dreaming for this dream of yours to come true so that hubby and i can be one of your guests.

;)

Jen said...

Ahhh this is great!
I just told Pat I like the sound of silence.
I would also like to request some wind chimes on my cabin. thx.

Karen said...

Oh Namaste my dear you would have our master suite. Thanks for dreaming for me I could use all the dreams I can get.

Jen, I will have wind chimes hanging from every tree around (maybe that will keep my hubby away). Seriously, it took me 16 Mother's Days for him to finally get me a set of wind chimes (I asked for them every year). What is his problem??? LOL

melanie said...

Sounds wonderful!!! Love the quote!

Karen said...

Thanks Melanie, I think so to!

Kathy Feightner said...

Hey when you open your retreat reserve me a room for two. Include a hot tub and all the unsweet tea i can drink. cliff and i will be your first guest.

Karen said...

Kathy, you've got it. Thanks for stopping by!

74WIXYgrad said...

And make sure we do not have our cell phones with us.